JC Transit: transportation system established by the Jefferson County Developmental Disabilities Resource Board (JCDDRB) to provide transportation services to individuals who are developmentally disabled and reside in Jefferson County.
- Eligible: Individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are eligible to receive transportation services. This includes individuals who have a physical or mental impairment, which prevents them from taking care of themselves independently. Examples of mental impairment include: mental retardation, cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy, learning disabilities and emotional or mental illness. Examples of physical impairment include: orthopedic, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Someone who qualifies under ADA can use Request-A-Ride at full operational cost. The Jefferson County Developmental Disabilities Resource Board can only subsidize individuals who are developmentally disabled as defined by Missouri Statute 205.968.
- JC Transit staff will review all applicants for service and determine eligibility on an individual basis. To request services, one should call 1-888-793-9333 (toll-free number) or (636) 937-6454 or (636) 282-4470. A representative of JC Transit will assist you.
- Scheduled Routes: Scheduled routes are provided for individuals who attend developmental training programs or are employed at JSI, Inc. (Jeffco Subcontracting, Inc.—sheltered employment) and Pony Bird.
- Request-a-Ride: Call 48 hours in advance to arrange services. An individual may call to schedule these trips. Rides may be scheduled for medical trips, shopping, employment, nutrition sites and leisure.
- Availability: Services are available daily from 6:00 a.m.—10:00 p.m. Services will not be provided on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, and Christmas Day.